Thursday, January 28, 2010

Latest Acquisitions...


I had some credit at Noble Knight Games that was burning a hole in my pocket so to speak.  I'd been trying to hold off and get the Dungeon Alphabet with it, that I've heard so many great things about, but they can't seem to get it in stock.  Sooo I picked up a few other items.  Featured above is what arrived today from my order.  First in the top left is a very old Sci Fi product put out by Phoenix Games, it called Spacefarers Guide to Alien Races I'll be using this as inspiration for my X-plorers games, it has conversion notes to Traveller and other old systems (the product came out in '79), next to it is a great book The Random Esoteric Creature Generator, I really like this product and can't wait to use it to make up some interesting critters! Last but not least is the latest Edition of Labyrinth Lord. Nicely done, and just all manner of OSR coolness.
Now to just find the time to make use of some of these products. *sigh*

4 comments:

  1. I'm all drooly now. They all sound cool. I'd love to see some of the alien art in the Alien book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eli,
    Almost every alien is illustrated, but the drawings are quite small. The art isn't fantastic but the cover art is equivalent to the art throughout. Each alien gets a full page write-up. Most are from old sci fi novels from the 60's and 70's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eli,
    I'm glad I got the book (Spacefarers). I will definately be using stuff from it at some point. But I wouldn't recommend anyone to get bid happy for a copy in Ebay or anything.

    ReplyDelete