Saturday, January 2, 2010

Albuquerque Starport & Terra Primate; Resources for Mutant Future

  I've been remiss in not sending my thanks out to an old Gamma Buddy of mine who frequents this blog. Check out his blog A Mutant's Journal.   As a Christmas/New Years present Joe a.k.a. Thorn sent me two awesome resources for Mutant Future.
The first one is *drum roll please*....


Yes I've already talked about and posted the screen, but do I really need an excuse to post this awesome Erol Otus artwork again, oh and my point is that Joe sent me the Albuquerque Starport Mini-Module that I was missing!! How cool is that? It's a great little adventure that I'll definately be running at some point.

The second gift he sent me is Terra Primate.


Here's the blurb about it from the net:
"From the creators of All Flesh Must Be Eaten, similar in style but this time . . . with apes! Terra Primate has no specific setting. The only constant is the concept of intelligent apes. Planet of the Apes is a movie about intelligent apes, but then again so is Congo. As long as the characters are interacting with intelligent apes - or are intelligent apes themselves! The game could be set in the pulp era of adventure, on a post-apocalyptic Earth, on a faraway alien planet, or downtown on Main Street. The main rulebook includes rules for character creation, combat and everything else you need to play in a world where man is the missing link! Also detailed are the multiple campaign settings so you can customize the type of "Apeworld" you wish to explore."
      I'm honestly not sure if Eden Studios is even still around anymore, but you should be able to find this on Ebay or elsewhere if your looking for it.  The mechanics are very basic, if you ever played All Flesh Must Be Eaten then you know what I'm talking about so adapting stuff from it to Mutant Future should be pretty easy. Since Carl over on his Mutagenic Substances blog has adopted Grognardia's scaling methodology, I guess I'll follow suite.
For Terra Primate
Presentation: 7 out of 10
Creativity: 7 out of 10
Utility: 7 out of 10
Utility (for Mutant Future scavenging purposes): 8 out of 10 (especially if you want to use alot of Apes in your MF Campaigns!)
Also either one of these products would work great as resources/inspiration for Encounter Critical Games.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks again Joe,
    I'll do my best to help satisfy your Radioactive Requirements!
    Good Gaming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terra Primate is a great book. Highly recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There ya have two thumbs up from me and Tetsubo!
    I just realized the two resources in this entry alone could make for some waay cool adventuring! Terra Primates chase the party into the lost Albuquerque Starport and mayhem insues! Maybe the party winds up battling apes on the Moon before all is said and done! Or the party could all be apes searching the starport or...ok I'll stop now. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reminding me about Terra Primate. It should be good for some Encounter Critical goodness, because, well, they have talking apes, and some post-apocalyptic goodies.

    ReplyDelete