Monday, August 31, 2009

What's in a name?


  A few years ago, I acquired the Extradordinary Book of Names by Troll Lord Games.  It was a bonus bit of swag added to an order I had placed, so I wasn't expecting it.  Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised.  I have found it to be very useful for my campaigns.  Especially my fantasy games, but it is useful for other genres as well.  While not the most user friendly product, after a bit of digging and usage, I've gotten pretty good at flipping through it as needed.  In addition to character names it even helps the GM work up place names, organizations etc.   I believe it is now OOP. Mind you Gygax didn't write the book, although he contributed in places I believe, it is still a good book to have.  Especially for those of you who have player's that need a bit of help in the naming their character department.

No comments:

Post a Comment