Monday, August 2, 2010

Pathfinder Gamemastery Guide

I picked this up awhile ago (my FLGS had it on sale!) and thanks to mandatory overtime I have really just now had time to sit down and read it.  This is a great resource for DM's of any system.  To be honest only a small portion of the book is mechanically specific to the Pathfinder RPG.  Most of the book is just great ideas and suggestions for DM's er I mean GM's...ok whatever title you use for the Referee of your games.  It has some great tricks and tips of the trade for DM's. Even an old grognard like me found some helpful ideas in there.  Several useful tables and things that I can use for whatever I am running; be it Pathfinder, Castles & Crusades, or Labyrinth Lord.
Good Gaming!  -B.

3 comments:

  1. I was really pleased when my husband and I picked it up. As a new DM, all the tables and templates for NPCs are just really useful and full of creative ideas. My husband's been running games for over 20 years and even he found some tidbits in there, like the table of dungeon entrances, that had never occurred to him before. I also thought they outlined some very old school concepts, which is really cool to introduce them to a newer generation of gamers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had a chance to read my copy yet. My gaming book reading queue is rather long... But I am really itching to get a copy of the Advanced Players Guide. I do so love the crunch...

    ReplyDelete