Saturday, January 13, 2024

Gaming Update (EZD6 and Star Scoundrels)

Gamer Greetings,
     Hope everyone is doing well, been sickly winter already around here.  Work and illness have derailed any gaming for quite a while, but we can still think about gaming, right?
     I still find myself in a Sci Fi mindset.  As well as an ongoing interest in Post-Apocalyptic gaming. I saw where the EZD6 Wasted World will be released soon, I haven't picked up the EZD6 core rules, but a P.A. version? that's my jam.  I'll be grabbing that one for sure.  I'll try to post more about it when I pick it up. Check out the cover of the softback! Kewel! From what I know of EZD6 looks to be rules lite, might even try some online play, since in person scheduling is such a challenge of late.  More to come on EZD6 Wasted World.   

     I've been following Trey's posts over on From the Sorcerer's Skull lately about Black Star and Star Scoundrels. He even did a brief comparison of two alien species in the systems.   I've done several posts about Black Star, but have not had chance to play it yet.  
     After reading Trey's posts I picked up Star Scoundrels. Star Scoundrels has a tad bit more stuff to it than Black Star, but not excessively so, your character gets a couple of Flaws and a little bit more tweaks.  I'm gonna read over it some more. 

          I will say I love the random generator tables in the back of Star Scoundrels.  Definitely give you that Star Warsian/80's Sci Fi vibe (is that a word?).  Let me do some random rolls and show you what I mean.

Objective: Kidnap (abduct a Dominion scientist and their research)
Location: Abandoned Construction: Machinery that's become a battleground for control.
Antagonists: Dark Matter Entity: An alien being with an agenda of its own.
Complications: Time Dilation: Near a massive object, time moves differently, altering the mission timeline.

     And just like that you have the makings of a pretty wild adventure, the Time Dilation makes me think of the old 80's Ice Pirates movie. 
Good Gaming -B.B. 

8 comments:

  1. I'm in the same boat. I'm interested in EZD6 but I haven't bought them yet. Now that there's going to be a post-apocalyptic version I'm more motivated to pick up copies of both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly Charlie! Thanks for the comment. I will likely get both as well. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested in EZD6 also but haven't bought it yet. Maybe I will with a post-apoc version.

    And now I need to get Star Scoudrels, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Narmer!! Hope you are doing well and keeping warm! Cold and snowy here. Sorry if I am hard on your wallet! LOL!!

      Delete
    2. Well, we had the coldest day in years in western Washington yesterday. Didn't get out of the teens. But I am staying warm fortunately.

      You're not hard on my wallet. I just give in to temptation when you suggest good games!

      Delete
    3. Glad I can be of service Narmer, we had a major snowstorm, 9 degrees now. which is cold for us.

      Delete
  4. It's really a good little system.

    ReplyDelete