Saturday, May 24, 2014

Days of Mutant Futures...

My wife and I saw the latest X-Men movie today. X-Men: Days of Future Past
   Oh, wait that's not it...
Ok, that's the comic from back in the day...

         Ok that's better, anyways..

We both enjoyed it, I won't do any spoilers here, I hate it when people do that. It is a pretty good X-men movie, much better than X-3, course I realize that isn't saying much.  It has got me in a Supers Gaming mood, at least a Post-Apocalyptic Mutant Supers Mood.  I thought about seeing what I could do with the Mutant Future rules, but instead I dug out my copy of...

Yep, Palladium Books Heroes Unlimited.  I know folks out on the inter-webs have railed against the Palladium System, heck even I have at times.  But I've had a ton of fun with Heroes Unlimited over the years, the RPG Campaign that I've gotten the most praise from players over was not D&D or even Gamma World, but a Heroes Unlimited mish-mash I did back in the 90's, Hell I'm getting old. Anyways with the three Powers Unlimited books and the core rules for HU you can really do all kinds of super hero characters.   May see if I can rustle up some folks to make up some characters and see what kind of mischief they can get into! 
Good Gaming -B.B.

2 comments:

  1. Am I the only one to notice that Cat form Cat-Dog was "Apprehended" while Dog form Cat-Dog was "Slain"? But the whole concept of Cat-Dog leaves a lot of notions that is best not to think too hard on... If you wish to keep your sanity! =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good eye Malcadon! and yes some things are best left alone! LOL

    ReplyDelete