Sunday, August 14, 2011

Armored Saint : March of the Saint

 For me 80's Heavy Metal and D&D went hand in hand, as a DM I would often go through my collection of cassettes (CD's weren't out yet) to look for gaming inspiration for my Gamma World and D&D Campaigns. One album in particular led to a fairly epic Campaign battle.  Armored Saint : March of the Saint. I used the intro to this song as a lead in to the party (high level by this time) to March out in battle formation to fight the big bad evil guy!  Great Memories!

5 comments:

  1. Sorry Christian,
    No breakdancing! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice stuff, I had completely forgotten this stuff man! Very cool, nice blast from the past!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! My friend had the original Citadel Miniatures chaos noise marines... when we played Rogue Trader I always imagined they were in a corner of the battlefield, playing Metallica's "To Live is to Die" which of course was blasting from our stereo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Metal and D&D went hand-in-hand back in the day. I bought a lot of cassettes based on cover art, Armored Saint being a prime example.

    ReplyDelete