Saturday, July 27, 2024

Lego Mania!

 Happy Saturday everyone!

Hope you all are doing well and getting some quality time in with family and friends. Had to go to Wally World recently and on a whim, I picked up a Lego Battle Pack and a Lego "sort of compatible" Hot Wheels car (didn't know they made these). Also, a friend recently gifted me a pack of Lego compatible cool weapons for minifigs. Legos sure have come a long way yet are still compatible with stuff from my childhood. 

     As a kid, I loved Legos, but didn't have very many, my pride and joy (and the only actual true set I had) was the original Yellow Castle set.  I saved up money from mowing yards and doing other work to be able to buy it.   Then came the great Vacuum Disaster! My grandmother decided to help clean the house and proceeded to knock off the castle, and then vacuumed up many of the pieces. The castle was never the same again.  Sadness...
     I've toyed with trying to rebuild it, but yikes the classic sets are way expensive. Hmmm something to ponder. There is a Bricks N' Minifigs near my house, I'm tempted to visit it.  Definitely a slippery slope, I have a ton of 28mm minis, but the Lego Minifigs are calling me again. I have several already that I have picked up over the years, you can see a few old posts about them. 
     I also found where Modiphius has put out a BrikWars rules set, allowing you to use minifigs for tabletop skirmish, unfortunately, Lego apparently has taken issue with the art and you can't buy the book now??!! Modiphius is redoing the art, so the book won't be available for some time.  Argh!  


     Meanwhile I can play around with AI Art to prompt my imagination for Brik Battles! 




Have a great Saturday! 

3 comments:

  1. Nice work! I wish you would move here and we could have brickwars every weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vacuumed...up...the...pieces... (incoherant noises...)

    ReplyDelete