Monday, May 4, 2020

Solar Blades & Cosmic Spells

May the 4th Be With You!
Hope everyone is safe and healthy during these challenging times.
I wanted to post something for May the 4th, and on my reading stand is an OSR RPG I've had for a bit, but have been rereading of late.
               Solar Blades & Cosmic Spells
I've seen this game described as "Solar Blades and Cosmic Spells reads like Star Wars if it was retold in an issue of Heavy Metal Magazine." I think that is a great description, it is rules lite, player's roll under their stats for success, whereas the GM will need to roll over a character's attribute to hit or enact other effects.  Player's will come up with a concept for their character and then can select one of four archetypes; Tough, Nimble, Smart and Gifted. Gifted have sorcerous/psychic, abilities, but using your powers can be risky. My favorite thing about the book is it is LOADED and I mean jam packed! With random tables upon random tables enabling the GM to generate all kinds of encounters, events and adventures. Even if you are using a different Space Opera RPG, you should be able to pull in inspiration from all the wonderful tables. I'm hoping to give these rules a spin soon, may even try them for some online play, something I am starting to dip my toes into. More to come on this one!
Have a safe, healthy and wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment