Saturday, July 19, 2014

Battle-Bones for D&D

I continue to be excited about the new edition of D&D.  I got the Starter Set a few days ago.  I'll abstain from the gratuitous unboxing post since those are all over the Net right now.  As much as I am looking forward to the official Player's Handbook, I think the Monster Manual is what I am most looking forward to getting into my hands.  I love creating monsters and this edition seems to be pretty easy to stat up beasts, just enough crunch but not too much.  Continuing my theme from last time of Gonzo kinda of stuff, I present Battle-Bones!



Battle-Bones
Huge undead, Neutral
AC: 14
Hit Points: 60 (7d10+21)
Speed: 40'
STR16(+3)   DEX 12(+1)  CON 16(+3)  INT 6(-2)  WIS 7(-2)  CHA 5 (-3)
Senses: Darkvision 100'
Languages: Understands Common
Multiattack: Battle-Bones makes one claw attack and one bite attack
Melee Attack- Bite +3 to hit (reach 10'; one creature). Hit 8 (1d10 +3) piercing damage
Melee Attack-Claw: +3 to hit (reach 5'; one creature) Hit: 6 (1d6+3) Slashing damage
Immunities: Battle-Bones is immune to disease and poison.  It cannot be frightened or put to sleep.  Battle-Bones does not need to sleep, eat or breathe.
Damage Vulnerabilities: Bludgeoning
The beasts rib-cage has been magically altered to allow a rider to ride "comfortably". Battle-Bones can transport up to 12 medium-sized humanoids without suffering any encumbrance or movement penalties. .
The product of necromantic magic, Battle-Bones is the animated skeleton of a huge reptile from a forgotten age that has been turned into an unrelenting tireless combat transport, that needs neither, food, water or rest. 
 Use of a handy "Speak with Dead" spell perhaps?

2 comments:

  1. I had this when I was a kid. Loved it!

    I like statting monsters in this edition too. It's fun and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could commute to work in that bad boy.

    ReplyDelete