Sunday, March 11, 2012

John Carter = Cool!

My wife and I got to see John Carter (of Mars) earlier this evening.


She wasn't really familiar with the storyline, but I ravenously read and reread the series when I was 10 or so.  Gotta say we both enjoyed the movie quite a bit.  There were points in the movie I found myself grinning, not from something funny, but because I was really enjoying the move.  If your a fan of the books at all I highly recommend you checking this out.  I don't think you'll be disappointed!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it! I loved it too--I really wish they made more sci-fi movies with this much gusto. I'm going again as soon as I can find the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's on my list for next weekend. In fact, I'm going with one of my gaming buddies. I just read an article that it bombed at the box office ($30M domestically for a $250M cost to make) and it was largely blamed on horrid marketing by Disney. The general sentiment is that the previews showed only action clips and that getting rid of the words "of Mars" was a mistake because "John Carter" doesn't tell you much as a title.

    In any case, I've heard a lot of good things about the movie and I'll be seeing it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why couldn't they have gone with a nice pulpy title like "John Carter and The Princess of Mars" or something.

    -Eli

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. Don't know why the Haters hate it so bad. They'll never make a sequel now....

    ReplyDelete