Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sorcery & Super Science!




Looks like there are more and more Post Apocalyptic RPG's coming out these days. I just stumbled across this today to be put out by Expeditious Retreat Press (they've done some good stuff in the past so I'm hopeful).  I have no idea what mechanic it will be using.  Here's the blurb about it:

"After the cracking of the moon and before the rise of Atlantis the world was a place strange to the thoughts of honest men. The death throes of science amid the birth of magic sculpted new generations of conquerors who strode the lands forging civilizations of steel, sinew, and sorcery from the decrepit hulks of the ones that fell before. Tyrannical wizards, amoral super-scientists, charismatic catalysts, and multifarious mutants battled for wealth, power, and honor. It was ten thousand years of barbarity; ten thousand years spent in the shadowy shells of past glories, hiding from horrible creatures that scratched and skittered for blood; ten thousand years of tyranny and injustice, ten thousand years of Sorcery & Super Science!" 

 I'm also pleased to have learned that the Darwin's World Savage Worlds conversion is still a go, no release date yet, but I've been looking forward to this coming out for awhile. Darwin's World is a great game, the second edition was done up for D20 Modern and is very well done.  I've just found myself shifting to more simplified game systems these days. Plus many of my gaming buds are into Savage Worlds.  Now if we could just get a new edition of Savage Worlds : Hell on Earth!
 
 
I'm also privy to some other upcoming P.A. RPG releases from some other folks (Not-Savage Worlds related), can't say anything right now, but some more good stuff is a coming!  ; )
 
It's a great time to be a P.A. gamer!

8 comments:

  1. As if I need another project today, I was just thinking of working on a 1st ed. Gamma World project with support from Mutant Future. Don't hold your breath, I've got too many irons in the fire for this to develope into any more than an idea, any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a description of S&SS "floating dice system" here. I must say it sounds a bit of being different for difference sake.

    Hopefully that will prove not to be the case, as the right PA game for me still hasn't been released.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya Chris.
    Rainswept thanks for the link, it does sound "different". Oh well we shall see.
    Have you looked at Atomic Highway with the Irradiated Freaks Supplement you can go hard core Mad Max or Pure Gamma World or somewhere in between.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posts have sold me on it, but I'm a sucker for print editions, and it's currently out of stock at Indie Press Revolution. It's on my Noble Knight 'want list' though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a print kinda guy myself. I lucked up and got one of the last from the first print runs of Atomic Highway. It was so cool I couldn't wait for the print edition of Irradiated Freaks to be released, so I went ahead and got the pdf for it. Good Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That game has a cool blurb at least. Sounds kind of like some unholy mixture of Rifts and Thundarr.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. That's alotta PA. Especially since I got my Atomic Highway. I'm waaaay behind on reading these things and doing homework. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Irradiated Freaks sounds interesting. I haven't had a chance to read Atomic Highway yet however.

    I was looking at the floating dice mechanic this morning. It looks like a slightly more complex version of the Savage Worlds mechanic to me. But I could be misreading it. I wonder how it works in play. It could be more math then I want to engage in at the gaming table though. I do like set numbers as targets.

    ReplyDelete