Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Entiog (Mutant Future; Word Verification Challenge)

A short while ago Eli challenged me to work up a beastie based on the random word verification words that you get when you leave a blog comment.   He claimed I "cheated" when I worked up the Untar, so he decided to assign me the next word.  Ok fair enough so without further ado, I present the ...
                                           Entiog


Entiog (aka Lasher Bashers)
No. Enc. 1d6
Alignment : Neutral
Movement : 90'/30
Armor Class : 5
Hit Dice : 9
Attacks : 1
Damage : 1d10 (slamming fist)
Save : L4
Morale : 10
Hoard C lass : V (gems)
Mutations: Natural Armor (tough skin), Gigantism (+1), Vision Impairment (one eye), Ultraviolet Vision, Mental Barrier
     The Entiog are 9' tall tough skinned cyclopeans. They tend to live in caves and tunnels in dry rocky areas avoiding outsiders. Little is known about the Entiog, one thing that is known is that they have an intense hatred of the Brain Lashers and will attack them on sight. Some speculate that the Entiog were once a slave race of the Brain Lashers, and that through the development of their Mental Barrier mutation they were able to resist the Brain Lashers and escape enslavement. The Entiog avoid technology and will not take or keep it as treasure, some believe they associate technology with the Brain Lashers. They seem to keep little in the way of treasure although it is believed they trade gemstones amongst themselves.

5 comments:

  1. Great monster. Good use of the word verification tool to come up with a good name as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Spielmeister, Eli over on "I see Lead People" came up with the word verification idea so that credit should go to him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all Mutant Future bloggers should give it a go!

    It can be fun and I now jot down interesting ones every time I see them.

    Bill, I have to say that you nailed this one. To be honest, the creature you came up with is just the sort I envisioned when I read the word. Maybe not down to the fine details, but overall, just right.

    Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant!






    word verification: "pheryll", hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Eli,
    You had a great idea on using the name verification!

    Thanks Mik!
    Oh yeah Pheryll sounds perfect...I say go for it!!!

    ReplyDelete