Saturday, October 25, 2014

Fantastic Heroes & Witchery

Yikes,
It has been well over a month since I posted.  Sorry about that, real life (work, graduate school, etc.) has taken a huge bite out of my leisure time.  I'm hoping to get some gaming in over the holiday season, but many of my gaming buddies have moved away or are similarly busy. I've still been reading over my D&D 5E books, but there is another retro-clone that has been out for a bit that I've had my eyes on.  That book is Fantastic Heroes & Witchery. I had some credit at Amazon so I figured what the heck and ordered it.  It came in the mail a couple of days ago, so I haven't had a lot of time to really read it over (it is over 400 pages!!), but let me just say this book is packed with some cool stuff.  Of particular interest to me are the Weird Races and Classes, there is even a primate race! 
The author has even made a free pdf version available.  You can't beat that!  I know the blogosphere is full of folks talking about 5e, but I gotta say Fantastic Heroes & Witchery has some really cool elements to it that are worth checking out. 

2 comments:

  1. That free PDF has me hooked, will have to read it in more detail....thanks for posting about this, had no idea it existed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Nicholas! Happy to be of service! Please let me know your thoughts about it, I'm still digesting it myself.

      Delete