Friday, October 1, 2010

The Compendium of Weapons, Armour & Castles

 This one has been on my list for awhile, I had and lost a copy of it many years ago.  While it is done by Palladium Books it is useable for any RPG that features ancient weapons, armor and castles. 

 This tome is a great resource for the game table. I remember back in my early days of playing AD&D trying to figure out what some of the different polearms looked like, ya know how that a Lucern Hammer was not a hammer at all? How did we survive before the invention of the internet and Google? : ) Anyways this book has tons of stats and illustrations of various historical weapons and such.


Even better John over at the Land of Nod has posted conversion notes for Labyrinth Lord!
No more basic Swords and Axes for my games! Woo Hoo!
Oh and price was an UNBELIEVABLE Bargain!
I got this off of Amazon for...drum roll please....
.27 CENTS!!
You can't beat that!

4 comments:

  1. That is such a sweet book! I forgot all about it. We browsed through that thing like the Sears catalogue, looking for gear for our characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. I've had this one on my shelf for many years. During my requisite ill-advised teenage attempt to write my own Fantasy Heartbreaker, I think I included most of that book's contents in the weapons & equipment list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, hours of perusing enjoyment back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of the few gaming books I have given as a gift. It really is a great reference book.

    ReplyDelete