Monday, June 15, 2009

Cicada Wars!



After my last post I've had some folks aske me what the heck are cicadas? Well for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, the picture at left is of a cicada shell. I lived mostly with my grandparents as a youth and there were alot of old oak trees around. On certain years the cicada larva would swarm out of the ground and cover the trees. They'd then leave the shell and fly off. My cousin came up with the great idea that the shells would be perfect for use with our action figures and army men. Not having tons of money, they made the perfect nemesis for our heroes. A young Luke perfected his light saber skills fighting off one particulary nasty horde! If only he'd been able to save the Sears version Snaggletooth and the Micronaut Galactic Warrior, who went down heroically trying to save Leia! Oops think I'm rambling! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment